Next up representing the #supersquad at SRNC Netherlands is Matthew McSorley. Matthew is in his fourth year of Medicine in Queen's University Belfast and reckons that he can fix anyone up.
1. What are you studying and where?
4th Year Medicine at Queen’s University Belfast
2. What is your proudest equestrian achievement?
Probably coming 3rd in the RDS with my 138 pony “Dexter.” This was my first big placing and I would say is also the reason I continue to ride. I am still looking for something to rival that buzz.
3. How many years have you been on the #supersquad?
This is my first year.
4. What are you most looking forward to as being part of the squad?
Taking a bit of time out at any of the SRNCs to see a different part of the world (food and booze sampling included), wing manning my good friend Anastasia Ripolin, seeing how mental Irish people are in the scheme of things and meeting anyone Scandinavian. Winning would be good too.
5. Who is your equestrian hero?
If Geoff Billington, Cian O’Connor and Marcus Ehning all had a child I think that would be an unbeatable combo. Geoff for the laughs when it’s not your day, Cian for sheer professionalism and Marcus is just a genius on a horse.
6. Are you currently competing, fill us in?
Not very much at the moment. University is getting pretty intense but I am lucky to have my younger brother and Sainted Mother at home who keep everything going and let me do what I can any time I get home.
7. What is your first memory relating to a horse?
Pony Club Summer camps and hunting.
8. Where can we find you on social media?
Facebook- Matthew McSorley
Snapchat- matthewmcsorley (Do you want that? Sure throw it in for the craic)
Welcome to the team Matthew we hope you have a fantastic year! Go and have a ball and bring us back some rosettes! #pressureison